See short video of Huntington Harbour Boat in Parade
Huntington Harbour Christmas Boat Parade December 10 & 11, 2016, 5:15 p.m.
Symphony of Lights Boat is the theme of the 54th annual parade which begins after dark (around 5:15 p.m.) and continues for several hours. The public is invited but parking is quite limited so you may have to walk.
Here is our interpretation of the map provided. You can download the map at hhboatparade.org and decipher its parade route arrows and times for more detailed, accurate information.
1. The parade begins in the channel seen at the end of public streets -- Carousel Lane on Humboldt Island or Venture Drive on Gilbert Island's Gilbert Drive & Somerset Lane. Time: 5:15 p.m.
2. 3. The parade proceeds to Venture & Typhoon where it is visible from Prince Park, and also visible from Seabridge Park off Edinger at Countess Drive.
4. 5. 6. The parade goes up the channel to Trinidad Park (Trinidad Lane) where it turns around at the bridge.
7. 8. 9. The boat parade heads for the Sunset Marina channel where it is visible from Sunset Marina Park and parking lot, and possibly parts of Peter's Landing.
10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. The
parade goes down the channel
between Gilbert Island's Peale
Lane and Admiralty Island with
its fingers (circles) at
Admiralty Drive, Devon, Easter
and Falkland Circles.
Approx. time: 6:06-6:30 p.m.
16. Parade goes into the channel of the gated Coral Cay (not accessible) though a small portion may be visible from Gilbert Drive on Gilbert Island.
17. 18. 19. Parade comes out of Coral Cay and heads toward Huntington Harbour Yacht Club (Warner near PCH) where it is visible from Bolero Land and Sirius Drive on Davenport Island, Aladdin Drive in Weatherly Bay (off PCH), and Edgewater Lane on the mainland. Approx. time: 6:45-6:55 p.m.
20. Parade head toward the Davenport Bridge where it turns around. It may be visible from the bridge.
21. 22. 23. 24. The parade route wraps around Davenport Island and heads into the channel where you may see it from Bolero on Davenport, Baruna and the Tennis Estates (gated) on the mainland side.
25. 26. 27. Parade returns to the channel where it is visible from Humboldt Island streets Cotuit, Ensign, Barnstable and Ardsley Circles, or
28. 29. Parade loops around Humboldt Island and goes into channel between Humboldt and Trinidad Islands, where it loops around Humboldt's small channel and may be visible for Humboldt bridge and Humboldt Beach Park.
30. 31. As the parade comes out of Humboldt, it veers over to the channel that runs parallel to Seascape Drive on Trinidad Island, where it turns around at the bridge at Trinidad Lane and Trinidad Park. Approx. time: 8 p.m.
Huntington Beach, CA